The Two Majesties (1883) by Jean-Léon Gérôme
~*~
This is the best description of AOM's mission
Why I do what I do
This is a quote I read to start each day
So let us call this quote
AOM's Mission Statement
“To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.
What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction.
And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand Utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.”
~Howard Zinn

4 comments:
This is terrific. Perfectly reflects what you are accomplishing on AOM. Thank you. Your Friend, David
A very inspirational and fitting "Mission Statement" for AOM.
Thanks for sharing this gem!
Muy emotiva.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
I always knew you were more than a pretty face ;)
In other words, thanks (eternally) for keeping your mission going. Love you.
Post a Comment