Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Namaste Sweetie! 060419

Scott Gardner

Namaste Sweetie,

Happy 2's Day!

I am delighted you are here with me
Grab yourself a cup of Tea or Coffee
And let us scroll down AOM Lane together
I hope you will enjoy your visit

Today we have another Whitman poem 
That I've tried to illustrate
It is not near as extensive as the homage I did
In this one 
I separated the text and the images
The images are just my expression
Of how I feel when reading this Whitman poem

I also added a folk tune that was around
When Whitman walked the earth
I am sure he knew it
Probably whistled it while skinny dipping
And speaking of skinny dipping

We also have a video
Of a couple skinny dipping at midnight
Something I'm sure Uncle Walt must have done

Yes
I am still expressing a lot of feelings
For my hero Walt Whitman
I think he's a good guy to look up to
And to learn from
From what he thought
And from how he was
How He Lived Large

I wish you a most beautiful day

A Friend I've met here at AOM
Sent me a beautiful blessing
And I want to share it with you

“May the road rise up to meet you, 
may the wind be ever at your back. 
May the sun shine warm upon your face 
and the rain fall softly on your fields. 
And until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

 ~A Gaelic Blessing

Peace and Love to you, my Friend
AOM


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you are creating here is truly remarkable. Emerson and Whitman were great thinkers. Thanks for reminding us of just how amazing they are. And thanks for sharing your reaction to Whitman with your photo essay. You are giving us so much to think about, reflect on, and react to. The thoughts, visuals, and music make this a truly special place. Thank you, AOM. Your Friend, David

hlj2002 said...

Good Morning!

Most exciting intro!
Amazing Smile from Scott Gardner, great teasers on what is to follow, and a beautiful blessing from Your Friend.

Thanks for sharing!

hlj2002 said...

More great artwork. I love this painting you selected. It is very interesting, on the surface, it doesn't look all that detailed, but when you study it, there is so much more to this painting than what first meets the eyes.

Thanks,

Anonymous said...

Feliz comienzo de semana, estamos felices y llenos de expectativas.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

whkattk said...

Shenandoah is a lovely ballad...it resurfaces every now and then as a popular song. Love the water ballet, too! And the images accompanying the poem. The Parting Shot, of course, reminds me of what I need to do more of. Hugs, licks, and strokes, bro - WHK

Philippe said...

Hello AOM,
Merci pour cette magnifique bénédiction. Ce midi chez nous, j'ai animé un recueillement et je me suis permis de partager cette bénédiction, ce fut un moment très intense, de plus se savoir dans le creux de la main de Dieu est une espérance superbe de l'amour du Père. Merci pour tout et belle soirée, ici en Suisse sur les bords du Léman, le soleil se couche dans une richesse de couleurs. Bien à toi, Philippe

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )