Thursday, June 6, 2019

Meditations: Be Kind to YOU and Your Future Self


~*~

“Be kind to your body, gentle with your mind and patient with your heart. Stay true to your spirit, cherish your soul and never doubt yourself. You are still becoming, my love, and there is no one more deserving of the nurturing grace of your love.” 

~Becca Lee

~*~

“Go above and beyond for yourself! You do it for family, friends, and colleagues, but don’t forget about YOU. It’s important to include yourself… You are worthy of your own kindness, too!” 

~Stephanie Lahart

~*~

Be Kind To Your Future Self
from the Kindness Garden

"I am not the same person today that I was yesterday, last week, last month, last year. And I don’t know who I will be tomorrow. But whoever I am in the future, I should treat myself with respect and loving kindness. In this article, Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love, reflects on a childhood memory when her mother showed kindness to her “future self” by making her bed before leaving on a week-long vacation. Because she knew she would be tired when she returned home, she would fully appreciate having a neatly made bed waiting for her to crawl into." ~The Kindness Garden (Source)

"But what about the person you will become in a week? Or a month? Or a year? What about that innocent stranger? What did she ever do that was so wrong? What if you were able to regard your future self as a deserving visitor worthy of affection and sympathy? What if every single day you tried to think of one nice gift you could offer her—something that might make her feel welcome and safe and loved when she finally shows up?" ~Elizabeth Gilbert, (Eat Pray Love) Read more of this article at this link: LINK


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunque el futuro no se sabe y uno puede contribuir a que sea mejor.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

LOL, I am kind to myself all the time and didn't even realize it :)

"...showed kindness to her “future self” by making her bed before leaving on a week-long vacation. Because she knew she would be tired when she returned home, she would fully appreciate having a neatly made bed waiting for her to crawl into"

I always do this, for this same reason. When I leave I make sure my bed is ready for my return so I can easily crawl in it. I thought this was just some sort of Compulsive Obsession of mine, maybe it is, but NOW I can tell myself I am just being kind to my future self. :)

Great quotes, Thanks,

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )