Out of the Darkness
Light brings forth Form
Chiaroscuro III
"The fine art term "chiaroscuro" (from the Italian for "light-dark") describes the prominent contrast of light and shade in a painting, drawing or print, and the skill demonstrated by the artist in the management of shadows to create the illusion of three-dimensional forms." (Wikipedia)
I scoured my collection of photos again and selected some of the better examples of Chiaroscuro that I could find. I hope you will enjoy the post.
NOTE: This set goes really well with today's music. If you play around with when you click to the next pic, you can make this set fit the music. I clicked play on the music above then quickly scrolled down to the first pic of this set. I counted 8 beats on the first photo and counted 8 beats on the second photo. Then I counted 4 beats on each pic until I got to the photo of the group of men.
If you counted it correctly, the music will swell when you get to the first photo of a group of men. After that I counted 8 beats on each pic from there until the end. I found the music at the end a bit difficult to count but I just kept trying to count 8 beats per pic until the end. Just something fun to play around with. I think it would make a good video.
NOTE: This set goes really well with today's music. If you play around with when you click to the next pic, you can make this set fit the music. I clicked play on the music above then quickly scrolled down to the first pic of this set. I counted 8 beats on the first photo and counted 8 beats on the second photo. Then I counted 4 beats on each pic until I got to the photo of the group of men.
If you counted it correctly, the music will swell when you get to the first photo of a group of men. After that I counted 8 beats on each pic from there until the end. I found the music at the end a bit difficult to count but I just kept trying to count 8 beats per pic until the end. Just something fun to play around with. I think it would make a good video.










































6 comments:
Cher AOM, que de beauté, de sensualité, d'érotisme dans cette série de clair obscure. En y regardant bien le claire est très présent dans les détails de la prise de vue, magnifique !!! ici au bord du lac Léman en Suisse il fait grand beau, je t'embrasse en te souhaitant une belle journée, Philippe
Fine art!
As I had anticipated, great set. The "The art technique of Chiaroscuro" adds an extra special artistic element that is amazing. I find myself studying the pictures looking for the light source and it captivates me. Sorry, I didn't keep up with the counts because I did get drawn into each picture.
But now I am going to go back and view it again and follow along with the music.
Thanks for all of these great pictures. You enticed me to go through my library and tag my photos that use the technique of Chiaroscuro. This will take awhile.. HA!
Thanks,
Una hermosa demostración de la técnica,Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Absolutely stunning!!! I particularly like the "Narcisus" - thanks so much for this posting
That was an outstanding selection of pictures, all illustrating the effectiveness of chiaroscuro, or side-lighting, and an excellent piece of music, both on its own, and as an accompaniment to the pictures. Bravo!
Post a Comment