Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Namaste Sweetie! 073019


Namaste Sweetie,

Happy 2's Day!!!

Today is a short post day
Yesterday, Lightning!!!
It was only a short storm but
My main backup computer got fried
-It has been with me for many years
-It posted to AOM for many years
My cable TV is only partially working
My TIVO system is fried
I will lose all the movies on the DVR
It was a sucky sucky day
Trying to see what was working
Trying to fix what was not
Really Fried my brains
So I didn't have as much time
Or emotional energy
To put a full day's posts together

Good news though
My main TVs are working
My main computer is working
My Internet and modem are working
My backup backup external hard drive works
So while it was an expensive short storm
All was not lost

I hope you will enjoy your visit

Peace and Love,
AOM


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feliz dia,espero que todos tus sistemas sigan recuperandose y que logres recuperarte de tanto stress.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

Very sorry to hear what you have gone through.

Sending positive Energy your way.

Big hug for you.

hlj2002 said...

Even when you have been beat down and drug through the mud, you selflessly put together an amazing set of photographs for your readers.

I am sincerely hoping today goes well for you and you can sort through and somehow find at least one positive thing from all this.

Take Care

Anonymous said...

Dear AOM, I totally empathize with your frustration at the damage the lightning caused to your systems. I have had a hard drive crash on me in the past, and years of correspondence and boatloads of saved images were lost and inaccessible. You experience a kind of grief. I know I did. Still, you posted a beautiful share today, and I, for one, am grateful for your efforts.

whkattk said...

I am so, so sorry to hear so much equipment was damaged. I hope you will somehow be able to salvage your films. I'd be devastated to lose mine - some in particular (August Rush comes to mind). Hope you day goes better. Hugs, licks, and strokes, bro - WHK

William said...

So sorry for your loss and all of the frustrations and hassles of salvage. Take care and wishing you patience. Sending blessings your way, always.

Your French Patrick said...

I have experienced that and I am really sorry for what happened to you. Have you considered having an online backup in addition to that on an external drive? In case of fire, water damage or theft, for instance.
I do not wish you good courage because I know you'll always have plenty.
Hugs and bisous, my darling chéri.

Anonymous said...

That is rough but, when you take this event and put it in its' place, it's a blip on your life's radar.
A tip: Please invest in a surge arrest (protector). You plug it into your outlet then your device into that. If there is a surge on the line, for whatever reason, brownout then a surge, lighting, the surge device will sacrifice itself and not your device. Sometimes, though a direct lightning hit will still fry everything. Still, for electronics, all my devices are plugged in surge protectors. PS: do not buy a cheap device online. Suggest: Monster- they make a good device called monster power and they guarantee protection with a warranty to pay for your device, at least they used to. If your items were purchased with a major credit card, recently, they may offer warranty protection as they double the manufacturers warranty up to one year. They may also have a loss/damage clause.

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )