Namaste, my Sweeties!
Happy Monday
and
Welcome to a New Week!
I hope you had a lovely weekend
I relaxed and enjoyed some quiet time
I woke up this morning -
And I'm not sure why -
And I'm not sure why -
But as I was lying there, I started thinking about a situation
That occurred at summer camp over thirty years ago.
(The summer of 1984 to be exact)
(The summer of 1984 to be exact)
I was the camp director and bunking in a side room
Of one of the cabins.
Since I bunked there,
I was well-acquainted with the kids in that cabin.
I was well-acquainted with the kids in that cabin.
On the first full day of camp during breakfast in the dining hall,
I noticed a kid in another cabin being picked on by his cabin mates.
I think all the other kids in that cabin knew each other,
And he was the odd man out.
They were mercilessly making fun of him.
So - I hatched a plan
I knew I needed to move him to another cabin,
But I wanted it to be a cabin of kids
Who would readily accept him.
So
I went to the kids in the cabin where I bunked
And told them about his situation.
I told them how badly he was being mistreated.
A few of the kids concurred saying they'd seen it, too.
A few of the kids concurred saying they'd seen it, too.
Then
I asked them what WE could do to help him.
It didn't take a second before those kids jumped up
Suggesting that they should get him to join their group.
Then, as quick as you please,
Suggesting that they should get him to join their group.
Then, as quick as you please,
They rushed over to his cabin,
Asked him if he'd like to join them,
Asked him if he'd like to join them,
Started packing his stuff, and within minutes
Moved him into their cabin -
Welcoming him with open arms!
Welcoming him with open arms!
They all patted him on the back
As his smile beamed around the cabin.
As his smile beamed around the cabin.
It was as if they'd picked him up on their shoulders
And carried him triumphantly into their cabin
And into their hearts.
And into their hearts.
WOW
What a success!
I felt really good working it out to help that kid in that way.
Rather than just me moving him to the new cabin,
I set up the situation to where
It was the kids' decision to bring him into their group.
Those kids were so sweet!!!
The new kid felt great for being accepted and treated so well.
The cabin of kids felt great for doing such a good deed.
And I felt great that it worked out so well for all the kids.
It was a Great Success!
: )
The new kid felt great for being accepted and treated so well.
The cabin of kids felt great for doing such a good deed.
And I felt great that it worked out so well for all the kids.
It was a Great Success!
: )
Thinking about that success
I got to wondering why it is
That I think more about my failures than my successes
I have some theories about why I do that
But I don't know for sure.
I guess the important thing
Is for us to make a point to think about our successes.
When we catch ourselves thinking about our failures,
We need to immediately think about our successes
To at least counterbalance the negatives.
Just a thought
~*~
This is a T-OFF Week
What's That?????
I will not post on the "T" Days this week
I will be taking Tuesday and Thursday off from blogging
My plan is to post MWF of this week
I don't plan on making it a habit
But I wanted to try it out
SO
No posts tomorrow
I plan to resume posting on Wednesday
I hope you will enjoy your visit
I wish you a Beautiful Day!
Peace and Love,
AOM

6 comments:
What a great success story. I believe the way you handled this situation is why it was so successful. It was a win, win, win, result. Win for that kid, win for the kids that took him in, and win for you not having to take action that may have made the situation on that kid even worse.
I like you idea about turning the focus onto success anytime I start dwelling on my failures. I guess it is human nature to focus on failures which I do a lot. This is one reason why I tend to be afraid to try certain things because I am full of fear of failure.
T-OFF Week...hehe, I like that name. I think that is a good idea to give yourself a little down time between posts.
Namaste
Feliz dia, muy buena anécdota que habla muy bien de ti, y de acuerdo con tus planes de emprendimiento.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
You know what? I think most people do the same - we think about our failures much more than our successes. I think it is because we are trying to understand **how** we failed and how we can avoid the same mistake. But, if we look at our successes and think about what we did right - we'd be better at recreating those successes than we ever are at avoiding the failures.
Continue to enjoy yourself. Spend a good day tomorrow being naked and loving yourself. Hugs, licks, and strokes, bro - WHK
Wonderful memory and beautiful thought. Regarding T-Off Week, it's important for you to maintain balance in your life. It is better for us to share less of you than not to be able to have you to share at all. You are an integral part of my days. Keep well . . . love and peace.
I am not one bit surprised that the success you remember had nothing to do with academic accomplishment, athletic victories, money, or work, but rather something that helped another person.
What a great story. Good for you and the kids in your cabin. I hope your kids all realized what a great thing they did that day. I'm sure the kid that was being picked on remembers your cabins kindness to this day.
Here's to success and positive memories and thoughts. Fuck negativity:)
Post a Comment