Wednesday, April 8, 2020

AOM Meditations: 040820

Jeune Homme nu assis au bord de la mer (1836) 
by Jean-Hippolyte Flandrin

~*~

“You don't love hatred and evil, of course. You have to practice and see the real gull, the good in every one of them, and to help them see it in themselves. That's what I mean by love.” 

~Richard Bach
(Jonathan Livingston Seagull)

~*~

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

~Mitch Albom

~*~

“The service we render to others is really the rent we pay for our room on this earth. It is obvious that man is himself a traveler; that the purpose of this world is not ‘to have and to hold’ but ‘to give and serve.’ There can be no other meaning.” 

~Sir Wilfred Grenfell


2 comments:

hlj2002 said...

All of these quotes are very inspirational. I am drawn to the statement: "...devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." I need to focus on this. In my mind I have a list of things I keep telling myself one day I want to (insert list here) but right now I just can't. I need to pick one of these things that I CAN do right now and devote myself to it.

Thanks AOM!

Anonymous said...

Muy bien.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )