Wednesday, October 24, 2018

AOM Meditations: 102418

by Clyde Aspevig

Thanks to our Friend for sending us this beautiful art

~*~

"There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it, and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy."

~Kiara Sellars

~*~

I would expand the idea in the above quote to also include the Media and Social Media. These media outlets carry with them energy. This energy has a very strong affect and influence on our hearts, minds and spirits. You wouldn't drink poison - well that's what some News programs and Social Media sites serve - POISON!!! Be very careful what YOU CHOOSE to consume. Life is too short to get all upset each day by the News and Trolls on Social Media. So let them go - remove them from your life - that is one thing you have control over - you can turn them OFF! Choose television programs, movies, music and social media websites that emanate positive healthy energy. This is one of the main missions of AOM MD - to be a channel of positive energy for the Good - for Peace and Love - Truth and Beauty - Compassion and Joy. Please be careful what you consume. 

~AOM

~*~

One of the most foolish things I can think is this:
"I'm too smart to be fooled by Media.
The Media can't manipulate me."
When I think this way I am blinded by my pride.
I am thinking exactly the way the Media wants.
I am then primed to be manipulated and fooled.
Keep both eyes open.
Be Mindful.
Be Aware.

~AOM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todo lo que sea negativo hay que erradicarlo de nuestras vidas.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

Thanks for all this good advice. Perhaps the most valuable lesson I learned sometime back.

Sellers' quote, "There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it...", became a big part of my creed. I learned my life was more peaceful when I cut drama creating people from my life, sadly this included some of my family.

Then sometime back, I learned here at AOM that that was only part of the valve that allowed such negative energy into my life. Once I eliminated the negative media, I begin to enjoy more even peace in my life.

"Life is too short to get all upset each day by the News and Trolls on Social Media. So let them go - remove them from your life."---Perhaps the best advice ever given to me!

Hugs AOM!


whkattk said...

VERY well said, my friend. We are very careful about where we get our news - always reputable sources, and we don't believe rumors. On the days which I get on social media, I scroll on by the troll-y political stuff.

Anonymous said...

Spending time on AOM is the perfect oasis from all the craziness in the world!

William said...

Amen, and thank you for the reminder.

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )