by John Joseph Enneking
Thanks to our Friend for sending us this beautiful art
~*~
"Art for me is the process
of waking up the soul."
~Bill Viola
(video artist)
I transcribed this quote from
the NetFlix series, Civilizations.
I highly recommend watching it
I transcribed this quote from
the NetFlix series, Civilizations.
I highly recommend watching it
~*~
"The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.”
~Kurt Vonnegut
(A Man Without a Country)
~*~
"Live your life as a work of art ... instead of chasing a “dream life” of the future, why not live the life that is a work of art now? ... Whether you are (and I am) taking out garbage or putting kids to sleep, driving to work or star gazing, writing an email to the boss or making love, doing laundry or sky-diving, meditating or grieving a loss, chewing food or walking the dog, arguing on a political topic or picking hair out of the bathtub, opening a door or waiting in line — how to live your life as a work of art — both as a challenge and an opportunity — is right in front of us."
~Misha Rubin

3 comments:
I like the way Vonnegut allows for imperfections. "Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow..."
It is the act of doing, not the end results. Thank goodness for people like me... hehehe
Thanks for sharing!
Una inspiración,Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Fantastic quotes!
Post a Comment