Elio and Oliver at Monet's Berm
from the film, Call Me by Your Name
~*~
My favorite quote from the end of the novel,
Call Me by Your Name
Twenty years after their summer love affair
This is Elio's description of their relationship
"...it would finally dawn on us both that he was more me than I had ever been myself, because when he became me and I became him in bed so many years ago, he was and would forever remain, long after every forked road in life had done its work, my brother, my friend, my father, my son, my husband, my lover, myself. In the weeks we'd been thrown together that summer, our lives had scarcely touched, but we had crossed to the other bank, where time stops and heaven reaches down to earth and gives us that ration of what is from birth divinely ours. We looked the other way. We spoke about everything but. But we've always known, and not saying anything now confirmed it all the more. We had found the stars, you and I. And this is given once only.""
~André Aciman
(Call Me by Your Name)

3 comments:
Profundamente emocional.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
A magnificently touching passage.
Touching.
I need to see this movie and I now need to read this novel.
Post a Comment