Night Watch (2014) by Adam Miller
~*~
“Get Off The Scale!
You are beautiful. Your beauty, just like your capacity for life, happiness, and success, is immeasurable. Day after day, countless people across the globe get on a scale in search of validation of beauty and social acceptance.
Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.
It’s true, the scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love. Don’t give the scale more power than it has earned. Take note of the number, then get off the scale and live your life. You are beautiful!”
~Steve Maraboli
(Life, the Truth, and Being Free)

4 comments:
La meta eres tun y solo tu. Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
My Scale says "GET OFF OF ME!!!" hehe
Great quote here. Thanks!
The NIGHT WATCH painting by Adam Miller is a stunner!
Interesting painting by Adam Miller. There's a painting by Rembrandt with the same name, The Night Watch, a good example of chiaroscuro too, come to think of it.
Post a Comment