Monday, October 1, 2018

AOM Meditations: 100118

Oh, Great Spirit,
whose voice I hear in the winds
and whose breath gives life to all the world, 
hear me.
Let me walk in beauty 
and make my eyes ever behold 
the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have made
and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand
the things you have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.
Help me to remain calm and strong 
in the face of all that comes towards me. 
Help me find compassion 
without empathy overwhelming me. 
I seek strength, 
not to be greater than my brother, 
but to fight my greatest enemy, 
Myself.

 “All life is sacred! 
Even the blessed earth 
you take into your mouth.” 

~David Paul Kirkpatrick

 “Life is sacred, that is to say, 
it is the supreme value, 
to which all other values are subordinate.”

~Albert Einstein

“Every single person is sacred. 
Sacred means special, precious, 
a treasure of true beauty. 
That means you.” 

~Amy Leigh Mercree

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harmony with nature so beautifully expressed.

hlj2002 said...

Each of these quotes are extremely inspiring.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Muy bonita reflexión para el dia.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

whkattk said...

That is wonderful! Great photos, too. I have stood like that, taking in the sun and wind. It is SO inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Is the first quote one you composed?

AOM SoulFood said...

Hi Anon - Sorry, I should have put unknown next to it - I wish I wrote it but I think it is a Native American prayer - possible Lakota - but I could not find who wrote it. Really lovely prayer. Peace and Love, AOM

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )