Thursday, May 24, 2018

Music from My Childhood: "The Reverend Mr. Black" by The Kingston Trio

Continuing the Series
Music from my Childhood

A Great Old Ballad
I loved the ballads from my childhood

Here's one that tells a story that captivated me as a kid
Especially that lumberjack part
from 1963

The Kingston Trio
"The Reverend Mr. Black"

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/MfEA_4gFDgo


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me imagino lo feliz que eres escuchando tus viejas canciones.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

This is one I don't remember, but I did enjoy listening to it.

It did remind me of some Johnny Cash songs that we use to listen to at my cousins house as kids playing pool in their game room. One Piece at a Time, and A Boy Named Sue. Then I started thinking about others that we played as well: The Coasters---Charlie Brown, The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

Good Times!
Thanks for sharing AOM

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )