A Beautiful Feel Good Song
Merci, France!!!
This song was used in the film, Mr. Bean's Holiday
To very good effect
If I were to go to beach today
I would probably act just like Mr. Bean
: )
"La Mer (The Sea)"
composed and performed by
Charles Trenet
Released in 1946
scene from the film
Mr. Bean's Holiday
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/bXS1LMaU7TM
~*~
Lyrics in English:
The sea,
We see dancing along the shores of clear bays,
Shimmers with silver
The sea
Changing shimmers
Under the rain
The sea
With the summer sky
Mix up her white horses
With the angels so pure
The infinite azure shepherdess
Sea
Sea
By the ponds
Those big wet reeds
See
Those white birds
And those rusty houses
The sea
Has cradled them
Along the shores of clear bays
And with a love song
The sea
Has rocked my heart for life


2 comments:
Dulcemente encantador.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
That is as fun, feel good clip. I have never seen the movie. That is a great "Joyful" clip.
That beach is sooo nice. Sadly the beaches down here along the Gulf Coast don't look quit that nice... HA!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment