by Claude Monet
(a perfect place for skinny dipping!)
Thanks to our Friend for sending us this beautiful art
~*~
“Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow. Do you know what you’re doing when you spend a moment wondering how things are going to turn out ...?
You’re cheating yourself out of today. Today is calling to you, trying to get your attention, but you’re stuck on tomorrow, and today trickles away like water down a drain. You wake up the next morning and that today you wasted is gone forever. It’s now yesterday. Some of those moments may have had wonderful things in store for you , but now you’ll never know.”
~Jerry Spinelli
(Love, Stargirl)
~*~
silence.
"Self-love requires an introspective look within yourself and to allow yourself to feel in honest silence. As Blasé Pascal once said, “all of humanity's problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” In this controlled loneliness, undisrupted by the outside world, observe your feeling with neither judgment nor criticism, and simply feel the present moment. Arrive to the perspective that understands the regrets of yesterday as lessons learned today, and come to the conclusion that the pain of yesterday is the strength of today. Namaste"
~Forrest Curran

2 comments:
Both great quotes, but I really connect to Curran's quote.
I had never really given it much thought, but I often times enjoy "controlled loneliness." I always thought of it as my "quiet time" but it is a time I have that is nothing but my own thoughts to reflect on. It is typically my most peaceful moments. I never thought about it being a time to "Arrive to the perspective that understands the regrets of yesterday as lessons learned today..." but in a way that is what I often do.
Thanks AOM
Cuotas llenas de mucho amor y esperanzas.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Post a Comment