Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Music from my Childhood: "Puff, The Magic Dragon" by Peter, Paul and Mary

Another song from my childhood
That I played on our  
Philco Stereo Record Player

I remember playing this song a lot as a kid
The sadness of the story captured me
Seems like I asked my mother about it
But I can't remember what she said

Contrary to the urban myth
This song is not about drugs
It is about childhood
-the loss of innocence 
that comes with the end of childhood

 from 1963

Peter, Paul and Mary
"Puff, The Magic Dragon"

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/2elWJFmFpps



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracias por compartir tus mas hermosos recuerdos musicales. Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

This one made me smile. I did have this song on a "45" I just cannot remember if it was Peter, Paul and Mary version. But I do remember playing it a lot!

I am enjoying this journey you are taking us on.

whkattk said...

See? I, too, wore out the grooves on this one. :-)

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )