Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Radio KAOM: Ravel's "Daphnis et Chloé Suite 2"

 WARNING!!!
MULTIPLE EARGASMS AHEAD!

I highly recommend watching 
Gerard Schwarz's analysis first
In today's AOM TV above
To help give you a greater appreciation of this piece

This video is Suite 1 and Suite 2 of Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe
if you have time, I encourage you to listen to it all
But I especially want us to listen to Suite 2
To do that click the progress bar to 42:14
And begin listening from there
One of the things I like about this performance
Is that that have added the choir
Most performances you find do not
The choir really adds to the orchestration

This is one of the most beautiful 
pieces of music ever written in my  opinion
LUSH - EMOTIONAL - ORGASMIC
It also has within it the greatest flute solo in all of music

Maurice Ravel
"Daphnis et Chloé Suite 2"
The Radio Philharmonic Orchestra and Great Broadcasting Choir
conducted by 
David Robertson

Suite 2 starts around 42:14
So skip on over thar and start listenin'

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/R8RjYT5CLe8


2 comments:

hlj2002 said...

I love your description and it does apply: "MULTIPLE EARGASMS AHEAD!"

A beautiful amazing climatic performance!

Thanks for sharing this along with the Gerard Schwarz's analysis

William said...

Lush. I do not remember hearing this piece before. Thanks so much for sharing.

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )