by Ed Mell
~*~
“We only have what we give.”
~Isabel Allende
~*~
“Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.”
~Dalai Lama XIV
~*~
“Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain, to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish. Compassion challenges us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep with those in tears. Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless. Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human.”
~Henri J.M. Nouwen
~*~
“True compassion
is more than flinging a coin to a beggar;
it comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars
needs restructuring. ”
~Martin Luther King Jr.
~*~
"A meaningful life is not being rich, being popular, being highly educated or being perfect… It is about being real, being humble, being strong and being able to share ourselves and touch the lives of others. It is only then that we could have a full happy and contended life."


3 comments:
Tan profundas que no nos dejan insensibles.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Something I had never thought about, but it is true: "Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human.”
I do love your poem. I remember some time back reading this poem for the first time. At first I was a little disturbed by it, but then after really reflecting on it I realized it was really very thought provoking and candid. It speaks the truth and should be taken to heart.
Thanks!
Great poem, my Friend. Isn’t that also your painting?!?! Your Friend, David
Post a Comment