Wednesday, December 12, 2018

MUSIC: "Gabriel's Oboe" by Ennio Morricone

Tenderly Soothing
  
When I listen to this music
I feel as though I am Naked 
Communing with Nature
  
Second only to the French horn,
The oboe is my next favorite instrument.
Odd for me since I was a trumpet player
The trumpet was a sexy choice I guess, when I was young,
But as I've gotten older
I have developed an immense appreciation
For the French horn and the Oboe

This performance of this beautiful music is exceptional
Enjoy the magical virtuoso performance
By oboist, Carlo Romano

Ennio Morricone
conducts his composition
"Gabriel's Oboe"
from the film, The Mission (1986)
Carlo Romano; oboe
Roma Sinfonietta
2002 "Ennio Morricone: Arena Concerto"

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/L4KRn83UfJ0


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite pieces of music ever! Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Nos transporta a un mundo feliz.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

This is a great peaceful piece of music. Thanks for sharing. I think the Oboe is underrated. An often forgotten fantastic instrument!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. Great movie, by the way!

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )