Phil Jarreau from Bel Ami (more of him on AOM here link)
Namaste Sweetie,
Happy 2's Day!
Whatever you enjoy the most
Do it at least twice today!
I hope you are doing well and feelin' fine!
Thanks for being here with me
I hope you will enjoy your visit
I wish you a beautiful day!
Peace and Love,
AOM
~*~
AND THE ANSWER IS!!!!
This scene is from the Hitchcock film
STRANGERS ON A TRAIN
Starring
Farley Granger and Robert Walker
(It also has Hitchcock's daughter, Pat, in the cast)
Granger plays a professional tennis play
(scene above is Walker watching Granger's tennis match)
Who meets Walker on a train
Walker mentions its been reported in the gossip mags
That Granger wants a divorce from his wife
So he can marry a senator's daughter
But his wife won't agree to a divorce
Walker asks Granger to murder his father
While he, Walker, will murder Granger's wife
That way no one will be the wiser as to who murdered who
Criss-Cross
Criss-Cross
The perfect crime
Granger of course refuses - thinks it's all a joke
but that doesn't stop Walker
Who follows Granger's wife to a carnival and strangles her
but that doesn't stop Walker
Who follows Granger's wife to a carnival and strangles her
(Walker's character Bruno is very deranged)
Walker then keeps showing up where Granger is
Pressing him to return the favor
Wanting Granger to murder Walker's overbearing father
Walker then keeps showing up where Granger is
Pressing him to return the favor
Wanting Granger to murder Walker's overbearing father
The story crescendos to the Carousel scene
I think this scene was the genesis of the entire film
Hitchcock wanted to take a family friendly carousel
and create a horrific death trap
It is truly a magnificent thrilling scene
From a very great classic film
If you ever get a chance to watch the whole movie
I highly recommend it
(I've seen it on Turner Classic Movies channel)
In this scene
Walker has Granger's cigarette lighter
He plans on planting it at the scene
where Walker killed Granger's wife
to pin the murder on Granger
Granger is chasing him to get the lighter back
Before the cops can catch him
The cops think Granger is the murderer at this time
So the struggle over the lighter ensues onto the carousel
Carousel Scene from Strangers on a Train
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/75ACQveD9ac
~*~
Patricia Hitchcock talks about Strangers on a Train
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/71xPQ24Xw38



4 comments:
Happy 2's Day!
I have seen and enjoyed several Hitchcock films, but have never seen this one. I will have to look it up.
Thanks!
Feliz,dia,feliz dia.Amigo venezolano,CUCUTA
Don't you love old films? I think that's what I'll do to occupy my time whilst the bruises and soreness heal. Hugs, licks, and strokes, bro - WHK
Phil Jarreau has a magnificent smile, but he should have made the effort to turn onto his side. Towards us, obviously.
With this story by Patricia Highsmith, Hitchcock studies the guilt that taints the human condition and it is one cinematic masterstroke.
Hugs and bisous, my darling chéri.
Post a Comment