Monday, August 10, 2020

AOM TV: Walt Whitman "Animals" Recited by Jim Clark

Walt Whitman 
"Animals" 
Poem animation
recited by
Jim Clark

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/cnIyJW3GSJ4


Walt Whitman
from Leaves of Grass

“I think I could turn and live with animals, 
they are so placid and self-contain’d, 
I stand and look at them long and long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition, 
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins, 
They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God, 
Not one is dissatisfied, 
not one is demented with the mania of owning things, 
Not one kneels to another, 
nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago, 
Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth.

So they show their relations to me and I accept them,
They bring me tokens of myself, 
they evince them plainly in their possession.

I wonder where they get those tokens,
Did I pass that way huge times ago 
and negligently drop them?"

2 comments:

hlj2002 said...

There is a lot of truth in this poem.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Amoroso poema,Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )