Wednesday, August 19, 2020

AOM Meditations: 081920


~*~

“I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.”

~Shauna Niequist 
(Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life)

~*~

“Our lives are mere flashes of light in an infinitely empty universe. In 12 years of education the most important lesson I have learned is that what we see as “normal” living is truly a travesty of our potential. In a society so governed by superficiality, appearances, and petty economics, dreams are more real than anything - anything in the “real world”. Refuse normalcy. Beauty is everywhere, love is endless, and joy bleeds from our everyday existence. Embrace it. I love all of you, all my friends, family, and community. I am ceaselessly grateful from the bottom of my heart for everyone. The only thing I can ask of you is to stay free of materialism. Remember that every day contains a universe of potential; exhaust it. Live and love so immensely that when death comes there is nothing left for him to take. Wealth is love, music, sports, learning, family and freedom. Above all, stay gold.”

~Dominic Owen Mallary

~*~

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up - that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had."

~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

~*~

“Don’t ask what the world needs. 
Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. 
Because what the world needs 
is people who have come alive.”

~Howard Thurman 


~*~
  
Do not lose time on daily trivialities
Do not dwell on petty detail.
For all of these things melt away
and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time
Live well, and live broadly
You are alive and living now.
Now is the envy of all the dead.

~Emily 
from the film, World of Tomorrow (2015)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

La felicidad esta en lo simple.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

A series of very thought provoking, motivating quotes.

I really enjoy them all!
Thanks

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )