~*~
"Perhaps it’s impossible to wear an identity
without becoming what you pretend to be."
~Orson Scott Card
(Ender’s Game)
~*~
THE CALL TO LIVE EVERYTHING
"One of the sad things today is that so many people are frightened by the wonder of their own presence. They are dying to tie themselves into a system, a role, or to an image, or to a predetermined identity that other people have actually settled on for them. This identity may be totally at variance with the wild energies that are rising inside in their souls. Many of us get very afraid and we eventually compromise. We settle for something that is safe, rather than engaging the danger and the wildness that is in our own hearts. We should never forget that death is waiting for us.
A man in Connemara said one time to a friend of mine, ‘Beidh muid sínte siar,’ a duirt sé, ‘cúig mhilliúin blain déag faoin chré’ – We’ll be lying down in the earth for about fifteen million years, and we have a short exposure. I feel that when you recognize that death is on its way, it is a great liberation, because it means that you can in some way feel the call to live everything that is within you. One of the greatest sins is the unlived life, not to allow yourself to become chief executive of the project you call your life, to have a reverence always for the immensity that is inside of you."
~John O'Donohue
~*~
"Today is the perfect day to stop
and appreciate all that you are.
Every single little bit.
Today is the perfect day
to nurture a love that blooms
from the inside to the out,
not from other people,
but from yourself."
~Nicole Addison
~*~


3 comments:
excelentes cuotas.amigo venezolano,Cucuta
You have given us another great quote to ponder on. It is great wisdom that I need to take in and digest. The fact is I know what I should do, but I tend to have a bit of reservation at times.
Thanks for this kick in the pants!
Hugs back to you AOM and all the rest of the community here.
Thanks always for taking the time to post your amazing sets of quotes. I marvel, and wonder how you're able to find them.
Post a Comment