Wednesday, September 12, 2018

AOM Meditations: 091218

by Claude Monet

Thanks to our Friend for sending us this beautiful art

~*~

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
(Star Trek: Generations)

~*~

“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” 

~Henry David Thoreau

~*~

"I shall pass this way but once; 
any good that I can do 
or any kindness I can show 
to any human being; 
let me do it now. 
Let me not defer nor neglect it, 
for I shall not pass this way again."

~Etienne de Grellet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great advice from an interesting group of thinkers. And you are so creative to pick the music that compliments these meditations. Thank you.

hlj2002 said...

"Deep Thoughts" ;)

They are all true. This realization can be a bit depressing, however being depressed on the issue only waste more time. I would love to go back and make some different decisions, but I cannot, so I have to forget about that and Live my life now.

Thanks for the kick in the pants with this reminder.

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )