Tuesday, July 17, 2018

MUSIC: "Sleepsong" by Secret Garden

A MOST BEAUTIFUL LULLABY

LYRICS:

"Sleepsong"
by Secret Garden
Writer(s): BRENDAN GRAHAM, ROLF U. LOVLAND 

"Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby
Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay
And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow
Bless you with love for the road that you go

May you sail fair to the far fields of fortune
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet
And may you need never to banish misfortune
May you find kindness in all that you meet

[Chorus:]
May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm
Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay

May you bring love and may you bring happiness
Be loved in return to the end of your days
Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay

[Chorus]

Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay..."

~*~

"Sleepsong"
by
Secret Garden
Video: "Aragorn Sleepsong"
(Scenes from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy) 

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/ZGfTPqOnqh8



2 comments:

hlj2002 said...

This piece is very emotional. Thanks for posting the lyrics and thanks for sharing.

IVI said...

great b.s.o, thakns

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )