Monday, July 30, 2018

AOM Meditations: 073018

Café Terrace at Night (1888) by Vincent van Gogh

Thanks to our Friend for sending us this beautiful art

~*~

Arrow and the Song 
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 

"I shot an arrow into the air, 
It fell to earth, I knew not where; 
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight 
Could not follow it in its flight. 

I breathed a song into the air, 
It fell to earth, I knew not where; 
For who has sight so keen and strong, 
That it can follow the flight of song? 

Long, long afterward, in an oak 
I found the arrow, still unbroke; 
And the song, from beginning to end, 
I found again in the heart of a friend."

~*~

Sometimes we never know how our actions and words can affect the world. They can hurt, help, or heal. I want to be more mindfully aware of my actions and words so that they will be helpful as they ripple throughout the world and into the lives of other people.

~AOM

~*~

Please take five minutes
To hear this instruction about Music

Maestro Daniel Barenboim
(conductor, pianist and chamber musician)
presents
"How to Listen to Music"

YouTube Direct Link:  https://youtu.be/LCKZDSIHV80





2 comments:

hlj2002 said...

A lot of profound advice here.

It is true that often times we have no idea how hurtful our words or actions are to others. The best way to realize this is for one to recall the times they have been hurt by the actions and words of others. It is an admirable goal to try and change this behavior within ourselves.

The video does a great job of showing me how the best way to enjoy a piece of music is to turn off all outside distractions and allow yourself to focus on the music in the moment. This is something I knew to be true, but never realized it. Thanks!

Tex said...

Thanks for this video. I really enjoyed it.

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )