Monday, July 27, 2020

AOM Meditations: 072720

Ntange Dreaming, 1989 by Emily Kame Kngwarreye

~*~

"Is this a “New Normal”?

Sometimes I just want to stop  talk of covid, protests, and brutality.  I lose my way in it all and become convinced that this “new normal” is our new sad life. But, then, I meet an 87 year old who talks of living through polio,  diphtheria, and Vietnam protests, and yet is still enchanted with life. He seemed surprised when I said that 2020 must be especially challenging for him.  

"No" he said slowly looking me straight in the eyes, “I’ve learned a long time ago not to look at the world through the printed headlines…I see the world through the people that surround me…I  see the world with the realization that we love big…therefore,  I choose to write my own headlines…Husband Loves Wife Today…Family Drops Everything to be by Grandma's Side.He patted my hand and said, “Old Man Makes a New Friend.”

His words collide with my worries, freeing them from the tether I had been holding tight.  I am left with a renewed spirit. My headline now reads… “Woman Overwhelmed by the  Spirit of Kindness and the Reminder That Our Capacity to Love is Never Ending."

Feel free to share…I did. Wishing you all much love and kindness. …."

~Kathy

3 comments:

hlj2002 said...

What an interesting concept. I have often thought, someone needs to create a news program with a whole new format. It never crossed my mind to write my own headlines.

Anonymous said...

Para ponernos a pensar.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

William said...

What a wonderful quote. Thank you.

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )