Monday, July 6, 2020

AOM Meditations: 070620

 by Phil Epp

~*~

Here are my thoughts about patriotism
Feel free to share it

~AOM

~*~

Here it is in print just in case you want to cut and paste it


PATRIOTISM

The United States of America is a great nation.
I love my country. 
America has been a force for good in the world.
But Loving one’s country 
does not mean we put on blinders 
so that we do not see the wrong it has done. 
A true patriot loves his or her country 
for all the good it has done 
and yet also is honest enough 
to see its flaws and works to correct them. 
We cannot correct our flaws
unless we see them, accept them, discuss them, 
and then work together to fix them.

When I was young I was very selfish. 
I would not share my things with others. 
When I got older I began to see this trait in myself 
and I decided to fix that in myself. 
I could not have become less selfish 
had I not recognized my flaw and worked to fix it.

The same goes for a nation. 
We must recognize our flaws, discuss them openly, 
and work together to make our nation better. 
This is not a left-wing radical liberal Democrat plot 
to rewrite the history of America. 
This is how we show our love for our nation -
That we are willing to see our flaws and work 
to correct them and make us a better nation. 
Until you know what is making you sick, 
you can not hope to heal yourself. 
I love the United States of America 
and for that very reason I am willing 
to do the work to help correct our mistakes 
and make our great nation an even better nation. 

That is patriotism to me.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

An open, honest, and civil conversation is what we need and what you advocate for. You’re a true American patriot. Your Friend, David,

Anonymous said...

Comparto tu sueño.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

Robert H. said...

YouTube: This is My Song, O God of All the Nations. Harvard Memorial Church

hlj2002 said...

Your words are very well said and honest and accurate. You are wise and a great author!

Thank you for this!

It is like the unconditional love a mother and father have for a child. When the child develops flaws, the parents don't disown that child. They get together and find the tools available to them to try and correct the flaws of the child. The difficult thing is the mother and father sometimes have different opinions on what are flaws and what are not, and I feel like that is the state of our country right now.

Somehow we have to all come together and work out these issues to preserve this great Nation

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )