POWERFUL and MEANINGFUL
We started this week
With the studio version of this song
Ever feel marginalized for being gay
Or in any other way
Then this song is for us
Here are two versions of this song
Live (Acoustic) from ellen
I also enjoyed Brandi's interview with Ellen
and
Live from the Grammy Awards
About the song:
"Lyrically, the song uplifts people who struggle to fit the molds made for them by modern society. Carlile said on NPR of the track, "There are so many people feeling misrepresented [today] ... So many people feeling unloved. Boys feeling marginalized and forced into these kind of awkward shapes of masculinity that they do or don't belong in ... so many men and boys are trans or disabled or shy. Little girls who got so excited for the last election, and are dealing with the fallout. The song is just for people that feel under-represented, unloved or illegal."(Wikipedia)
Brandi Carlile
"The Joke"
from ELLEN
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/EEC-tmwjAJU
~*~
Brandi Carlile
"The Joke"
From the Grammy Awards
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/KJqL1yIm9e0

2 comments:
Muy emocional.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
WOW! Both are great. As I was listening to the acoustic version, not even hearing the Grammy Awards performance, I said to myself this one is going to be the best. Full of emotion and passion.
Then I listen to the Grammy performance and I felt different amazing sensation.
LOVE THEM BOTH!
Thanks
Post a Comment