Tuesday, June 16, 2020

AOM Meditations: 061620

Leaves of a Plant by Georgia O'Keeffe

~*~

Quotes from Thich Nhat Hanh
(A Great Teacher I greatly admire)

“Around us, life bursts with miracles--a glass of water, a ray of sunshine, a leaf, a caterpillar, a flower, laughter, raindrops. If you live in awareness, it is easy to see miracles everywhere. Each human being is a multiplicity of miracles. Eyes that see thousands of colors, shapes, and forms; ears that hear a bee flying or a thunderclap; a brain that ponders a speck of dust as easily as the entire cosmos; a heart that beats in rhythm with the heartbeat of all beings. When we are tired and feel discouraged by life's daily struggles, we may not notice these miracles, but they are always there.”

~Thich Nhat Hanh

~*~

“I have noticed that people are dealing too much with the negative, with what is wrong. ... Why not try the other way, to look into the patient and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?”

~Thich Nhat Hanh

~*~

"Do not be idolatrous about or bound to any doctrine, theory, or ideology, even Buddhist ones. Buddhist systems of thought are guiding means; they are not absolute truth."

~Thich Nhat Hanh

~*~

"When you are angry, close your eyes and ears and return to yourself in order to quell the flames. Smile, even if it takes effort... Sit wherever you are, and look deeply. If your concentration is not yet strong, you can go outside and practice walking meditation. Most essential is to water the seed of mindfulness and allow it to arise in your mind consciousness. Mindfulness is always mindfulness of something, just as anger is always anger at something. When you drink a glass of water and are aware that you are drinking a glass of water, that is mindfulness of drinking water. In this case, we produce mindfulness of anger. “Breathing in, I know I am angry. Breathing out, I know that anger is in me.” First the energy of anger arises, and second the energy of mindfulness arises. The second energy embraces the first in order to soothe it and allow it to subside."

~Thich Nhat Hanh
(”Teachings on Love”)

3 comments:

hlj2002 said...

I am also a fan of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings. When I take in his words and allow myself to understand his meaning, I tend to feel a sense of peace come over me. I am currently taking in his quote on how to back away from the negative and focus on the positive things to help deal with some things.

Thanks for all of these great quotes.

Anonymous said...

Mensajes reconfortantes y llenos de mucho amor.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

Anonymous said...

Great art and quotes! Your Friend, David

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )