The MAESTRO
from 1900
Luciano Pavarotti
"E Lucevan Le Stelle"
from Puccini's Tosca
from the Metropolitan Opera
"This aria shows how underrated Pavarotti's actor's side was, This is one of the saddest moments opera ever had. It shows the last night of an innocent man doomed by an evil political system. Not concerned for his own fate, he regrets that he will never see his lover again. Pavarotti manages to move us all." (YouTube Comment)
Lyrics in English
"E Lucevan Le Stelle"
"And the stars were shining"
And the stars were shining,
And the earth was scented.
The gate of the garden creaked
And a footstep grazed the sand...
Fragrant, she entered
And fell into my arms.
Oh, sweet kisses and languorous caresses,
While trembling I stripped the beautiful form of its veils!
Forever, my dream of love has vanished.
That moment has fled, and I die in desperation.
And I die in desperation!
And I never before loved life so much,
Loved life so much!
Luciano Pavarotti
"E Lucevan Le Stelle" from Tosca
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/p8-APBmCQyQ


2 comments:
Dramatico,Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Again, WOW.
Thanks for posting this video and for the translation along with the story. I always enjoy hearing his powerful voice and it is so much more intense and meaningful knowing what the story is.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment