Namaste Sweetie!
Remember, remember, the 5th of November
The Gunpowder Treason and plot ;
I know of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
It is the 5th of November
This is the day I watch the film
V for Vendetta (2005)
This is a film I think everyone should see
And see it at least once a year
Because it is a reminder to us
That societies are fragile things
This film is a reminder that we as a society
Need to make sure We the People are in charge of our governments
Not the other way around
This film shows how Fear can be used against us
To frighten We The People
Allowing ourselves to be driven by devious, deviant, corrupt leaders
To give up our freedoms and liberties
In order to gain the illusion of security
It's not a happy film
It's a dystopian political thriller
But it is truly an excellent film
With a powerful message
Of which we need to be reminded
"Those who would give up essential Liberty,
to purchase a little temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ~Benjamin Franklin
V for Vendetta
stars
Hugo Weaving as V
Natalie Portman as Evey Hammond
Stephen Fry as Gordon Deitrich
Stephen Rea as Eric Finch
and
John Hurt as High Chancellor Adam Sutler
A Truly Great and Necessary Film in my opinion
It's not about being Fearful
It's about being Aware
And being ready to take Action
I hope you will enjoy your visit
I wish you a Phabulous Day!
Peace and Love,
AOM


4 comments:
Amazing film. Thanks for the remembrance that it’s Guy Fawkes Day. Gunpowder, a BBC mini-series, with Kit Harrington as Guy Fawkes, depicts the actual gunpowder plot. Thanks for such a strong post today, AOM. You create a great world with your posts. Today’s is a great example. “V for Vendetta” is a great movie, so relevant to our times. Great quote:
"Where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly there are those more responsible than others ... but ... truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now-High Chancellor ... He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent."
Feliz dia y gracias por la recomendación del filme, en realidad no la conocía y como la recomiendas debe ser muy interesante.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Thanks for this. It's a very timely reminder, considering what the world is facing in these days of creeping darkness. And, thanks for the clothes-free set of Chance. I was still working at the time he was a hottie on the scene, so I missed it all. Gugs, licks, and strokes, bro - WHK
Thank you for this reminder and this film recommendation. I have not seen it but from what you have written it seems like one I should.
Thanks
Post a Comment