Wednesday, November 20, 2019

MUSIC: "My Prayer" performed by the Ink Spots

So Beautiful

I was probably the only 14 year old boy
Who was listening to The Ink Spots in the early 1970's
I don't remember how I came by listening to them
I am sure it had to do with my love of Swing Music
However I found out about them
(seems like my father mentioned them)
I got this album and wore it out
Listening to these wonderful songs over and over

"Bill Kenny's unsullied, poignant tenor and the sonorous recitatives of bass Hoppy Jones were winning trademarks of the Ink Spots at their peak. "My Prayer" was an elegant favorite in 1939 and one of the first songs broadcast over early American television...featured at the 1939 World's Fair. Later, in the 1950's, this song was a major hit for The Platters."

The Ink Spots
"My Prayer" 
(from 1939)
Written by 
George Boulanger and James Kennedy

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/h7KJCns5v3g



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nunca la habría escuchado si no fuera por esto,Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

This is one I don't remember but I do enjoy it.

Thanks for enlightening me once again!

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )