Wednesday, January 16, 2019

AOM Meditations: 011619

Apollo (Heroic Male Torso) by Nick Bibby

Thanks to our Friend, David, for sending us this beautiful art

~*~

“Yet More,” 

By looking at an acorn,
Small and hard and plain,
Could I conceive of oak trees?
By listening to rain,
Could I imagine oceans?
Or could I understand
The desert if my hand but held
A single grain of sand?
Then let me never think
That what I chance to see,
This face, this frame, these thoughts,
That this is all of me.
Yet more than ageless oaks
Or seas that have no shore,
In me there also is
Yet more, yet more.

by James Dillet Freeman
(From “Truth the Poet Sings”
An Anthology of Unity poets.)

~*~

In music, in the sea, in a flower, 
in a leaf, in an act of kindness… 
I see what people call ‘God’ in all these things.

~Pablo Casals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Amorosamente positivas.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

Pretty deep quotes...

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )