Monumental Music
from a
Fantastic Film
based on a
Brilliant Book
***The reason for this selection is a great example
Of how comments can influence what I post***
A Friend of AOM commented about Gabriel's Oboe that I posted yesterday
He said and I quote:
"Still one of my very favourite film themes - right up there with Elmer Bernstein's main theme from To Kill a Mockingbird. I melt whenever I hear it."
So thanks to his comments
Here's the main theme to To Kill a Mockingbird
~*~
I rarely get to say this
Because I can never choose just one
Out of so many to top my list of bests
but
The film, To Kill a Mockingbird,
Is my all-time favorite movie
Number One on my List of Best Films Ever Ever
One of the things that makes it so special
Is the musical score by Elmer Bernstein
My favorite scene (among many) is the night Jem, Scout, and Dill
Were outside in the Radley's backyard garden.
To prove how brave he was
Jem scutters through the dark
up to the back of the Radley's house
Trying to get a peek through the "winder"
To catch a glimpse of the mysterious Boo Radley
And then - out of nowhere
A Monstrous Shadow of a man looms large
on the back wall of the old wooden house
The Music throbs with horror
Dill and Scout hide their faces stifling shrieks
The shadowy figure slithers across the wall
Slowly Closer - Ever Closer
Its menacing hand stretching out to get Jem
From where he crouched, whimpering, hiding his eyes from the
Dark Elongating Shadow Fingers reaching, grasping!
WOW! What a scene! Brilliant!!!!
The use of shadows in the film is incredibly masterful!
We see a similar use of shadows later in the film, during the attack scene
HA! You can tell I love this film
By how I am gushing about it
LOL
~*~
So here's the Music!
Happy Melting!
: )
I'm Melting right along with you!
"To Kill a Mockingbird Main Theme"
composed by
Elmer Bernstein
Conducted by Elmer Bernstein
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/_t98LWNwUhI

2 comments:
Super.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Thanks for posting this. I loved this movie too. Such a classic with such a great story. This movie was way ahead of it's time.
Post a Comment