Tuesday, February 11, 2020

AOM Meditations: 021120

by Robin Moline

~*~

Go. Go. Go.
Work. Work. Work.
More. More. More.
One might ask,
"So what's the point?"
And I reply, 
"I don't know."
But I see folks in need
Being run over 
Left behind to bleed
While everybody
Scrambles over each other
Spittin' and clawin'
Their way to the top
I just shake my head
Then I bend down
Do my best to help others up
That's the only point I can see
Easing the suffering
Caused by greed
We broke the world
We CAN repair it

~AOM


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic quote! The essential AOM! Why I come here every day for inspiration and nourishment! Your Friend, David

Anonymous said...

Motivador,gracias.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

Awesome poem so full of truth, and then hope.

"We CAN repair it"

Thanks for sharing this your heartfelt poem with us.

whkattk said...

From your lips....
I see no other point to life than helping people.

hlj2002 said...

This poem was on my mind all day yesterday and I had to come revisit it. I thought about it, and the first half is so detailed and SOOOO TRUE. Thinking about the world around me and I actually feel the accuracy from it as I read this. Unfortunately there are not enough that do "bend down" and "Do my best to help others up."

I like to think I have begun to change from that GO WORK and MORE state of mind. And another I WAS guilty of is ME ME ME. I don't pretend to be free from this sad mentality, but I do find when I make a conscious effort to focus on helping others, my life is less chaotic and a little bit more peaceful

AOM, this poem is extremely thought provoking and inspirational. Thank you for writing it and sharing it.

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )