Monday, August 20, 2018

MUSIC: ARETHA FRANKLIN (1942-2018) sings "Nessun dorma"

Aretha Louise Franklin
March 25, 1942 – August 16, 2018

The Queen of Soul
Has passed from this earthly stage
We are all blessed
To have heard her voice
She will live forever in our hearts
And in the hearts of all who hear her

This is the performance
That I have often posted
As my Christmas gift to you
It is appropriate to stop
And listen to this most glorious voice
Perform this most glorious music
Every time I hear this I get goosebumps and chills
It is very moving

Pavarotti was suppose to perform at these Grammys
But could not make it due to illness
In a last minute switch, 
Aretha agreed to go on and perform his song in his place 

Aretha Franklin 
"Nessun dorma"
from the 1998 Grammys

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/HqECvv7ecPk

Note: The music begins at the 40 second mark


1 comment:

hlj2002 said...

My husband and I were talking about Aretha Franklin this past weekend after we heard the news. We discussed this specific performance and remembered how blown away we were when we watched this live. I had no idea it was so many years ago. It seems like it was just a few years back.

RIP Aretha

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )