Wednesday, August 29, 2018

AOM Meditations: 082918

by Claude Monet

Thanks to our Friend for sending us this beautiful art

~*~

“Loneliness is the poverty of self; 
solitude is richness of self.”

~May Sarton

~*~

“I hold this to be the highest task 
of a bond between two people: 
that each should stand guard 
over the solitude of the other.”

~Rainer Maria Rilke, 
(Letters to a Young Poet)

~*~

“A man can be himself 
only so long as he is alone; 
and if he does not love solitude, 
he will not love freedom; 
for it is only when he is alone 
that he is really free.”

~Arthur Schopenhauer, 
(Essays and Aphorisms)

~*~

“I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, 
but delicious in the years of maturity.”

~Albert Einstein

1 comment:

hlj2002 said...

These are great, thought provoking quotes. It has crossed my mind before, but I have never really given it a lot of thought, but when I am alone is when I am most at peace.

I do enjoy the companionship of others, but when I really need a moment of genuine peace I find it when I am alone. Perhaps this is the true meaning of the quote "Dance like nobody's watching."

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )