Jeune Homme Assis au Bord de la Mer
(Young Man Sitting by the Seashore)
by Jean-Hippolyte Flandrin
(1809 - 1864)
This painting, by Flandrin, is one of my favorite paintings
(As you can tell from our AOM MD Banner at the top of this page)
It has been influential to photographers throughout the years
From the beginning of photography to the present and (I'm sure) beyond
I've gathered together photographs
that I felt were influenced by the pose of
Flandrin's Young Man by the Sea
Some are exact and some are similar to the pose
I hope you will enjoy this collection of the Flandrin Pose
~*~
by Wilhelm von Gloeden (1902)
by F. Holland Day
(1864 - 1933)
by Imogen Cunningham
(1883 – 1976)
by Robert Mapplethorpe
(1946 - 1989)
by Roberto Viccaro
by James Bidgood
by Tom Bianchi
Andrew Callahan ph Chad Hirata
by Michael Hooper
1
by Matt Edmondson
by Chris Knight
model: Bernardo Velasco
by Hedi Slimane
by Marcus Mok
Vaughn by Rob Colgan
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
A Desktop Wallpaper I put together
If you know the name of the photographers of the numbered photos
Please let me know in the comments or by E-mails. Thanks!




























4 comments:
Una misma foto muchos modelos.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Don't know the unknown.... The Maplethorpe is still my favorite.
So Cool! What a great theme you have put together here. Thanks!
I adore Bernardo Velasco, in my opinion one of the most beautiful men on the world
Post a Comment