by Juliusz Lewandowski (Martwy)
~*~
"A complete sharing between two people is an impossibility and whenever it seems, nevertheless, to exist, it is a narrowing, a mutual agreement which robs either one member or both of his fullest freedom and development. But, once the realization is accepted that, even between the closest human beings, infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can grow up, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole and against a wide sky!"
~ Rainer Maria Rilke
~*~
"Love is not wanting the other to become a clone of ourselves. 'Other' offers resistance, pushing us to find what is self. Love is actively embracing our equality and pushing each other to realize our full potential and make our full contribution to the world."
~ Howard Jones

2 comments:
Geniales.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
Very good quotes, and the first, by Rainer Maria Rilke, one is highly thought provoking. When I read it the first time, I felt like I didn't agree with him, "A complete sharing between two people is an impossibility...it is a...mutual agreement which robs either one member or both of his fullest freedom and development."
After reading the whole thing two or three times I realized "distances" do exist, and when we accept and allow for those distances, only then can the relationship flourish. Otherwise at least one of the two will become stagnate. I can see how true this is.
Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment