Wind from the Sea (1947) by Andrew Wyeth.
A Favorite of mine.
Amazing details.
Look at that lace!
Intimate feelings.
I can feel the breeze flowing into the room.
And check out who lived in this house!
The house belonged to Wyeth's friends Christina and Alvaro Olson who lived on the coast of Maine. The window was located in an abandoned room on the third floor. Christina Olson was a frequent model for Wyeth, and would famously appear in the painting Christina's World about a year later. When Wyeth saw the curtains caught in the wind he made a sketch on the same sheet of paper he had used to draw Olson.(Wikipedia)

2 comments:
Interesante.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
I love your blog...this one and the other ones, too. I'm really impressed that you've been posting some art by Andrew Wyeth. Just by coincidence, I'm in Seattle and the Seattle Art Museum has just opened a major exhibition of Andrew Wyeth. It'll be running for the next few months.
Keep up the good work.
Namaste,
Bruce
Post a Comment