FULL ALBUM
Because it is difficult to choose one song
Fleetwood Mac
Rumours
(Full Album)
As I was listening to this album I said to myself
WOW! This is a really good album
So I did some research and found that this album is
Ranked as the 7th best album of all time
This album was released when I was a senior in high school
Amazing that every song on this album was a hit
If you are near my age
Then the songs on this album
Will bring back memories from your youth
These were the songs playing on the radio
As we drove around the local Sonic
(In America, Sonic is a Drive-In Restaurant)
It was common for high schoolers
To drive around it to see who was out and about
In my hometown
We had a Sonic on one end of the main drag
And a Minute Man restaurant on the other end
So we would drive from one to the other
To see who was out and about
We were so cool
And had so much to do
LOL
Interesting tidbit of info
Not sure why, but it was considered
Uncool to park on the entrance side to Sonic
It was called the "cull side" in my hometown
At least that is what my best buddy told me
One had to drive around the back and park
On the exit side of the Sonic
Weird! I know! LOL
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/TNM_ekVl3gI



6 comments:
Tiempo para disfrutar de tus recuerdos.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
GREAT choice! Love Stevie and the Mac! You might want to share this with your followers as an afterword. Silver Springs was cut from Rumours (without Stevie's input) because it was "too long" (when the real reason was probably because it stirred too many feelings in Lindsey.) When interviewed 10 years later, Stevie was clearly still upset over the treatment of what she considered to be one of her best songs ever - and a song she signed over to her mother for royalties. She predicted at that time that "someday" Silver Springs would get the attention it deserved. That happened 10 years later when the Fleetwood Mac reunion took place. The song was the first single released from The Dance AND Stevie got to let Lindsey have it on the MtV stage. Poor Christine - you can see how uncomfortable she is throughout the song. Mick, on the other hand, seems to love the drama! HAHA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKqxzx6tKio
Love this album. Have it on both vinyl and CD
I have this album, too. It came out in my first year at college and you heard it everywhere in the dorms. Still great to listen to today, too.
I’m older so the album brings memories from studying for the state bar exam to me. Helped me keep my sanity. Amazing album. Thanks for sharing it.
Memory trigger album -- Me, jammin' down the freeway, listening to Rumors in my 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 XL (perfect condition) to which I'd added an 8-track player and a sound reverberator. We didn't have Sonic where I lived, but we had Mel's, the drive-in used in the movie, American Graffiti.
Post a Comment