Monday, July 17, 2017

The Naked Truth: Meditations on Naturism (071717)

 Oh, Great Spirit,
whose voice I hear in the winds
and whose breath gives life to all the world, hear me.
Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes
ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have made
and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand
the things you have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.

~*~

When I have the opportunity 
I Love Being Naked Outdoors
Stripping away my clothes
I feel the weight of society's chains drop away
All barriers dissolve
To stand Naked - Pure - 
in the Light and warm embrace of the Sun
Basking in the Glory of God's Creation
I thank God for giving me the time to commune 
with Him and Nature Naturally
Nothing between me and Nature
I am One with the Great I Am
    
There is nothing "sinful" about being a naturist
Being naked is not dirty or nasty or lewd or "sin"
As I was taught growing up
It is how God made us - it is our Natural State
It is all in our attitude - our perspective
As Kahlil Gibran wrote in his book, The Prophet

"Forget not that modesty is for a shield 
against the eye of the unclean.
And when the unclean shall be no more,
what were modesty 
but a fetter and a fouling of the mind
And forget not 
that the earth delights to feel your bare feet 
and the winds long to play with your hair."

One of my favorite quotes about Naturism
Comes from one of my favorite teachers
Walt Whitman 
(Uncle Walt, as I like to call him)
Here's what he says about his experience
Being Naked in the Great Outdoors

"Never before did I get so close to Nature; never before did she come so close to me… Nature was naked, and I was also… Sweet, sane, still Nakedness in Nature! - ah if poor, sick, prurient humanity in cities might really know you once more! Is not nakedness indecent? No, not inherently. It is your thought, your sophistication, your fear, your respectability, that is indecent. There come moods when these clothes of ours are not only too irksome to wear, but are themselves indecent.

Perhaps indeed he or she to whom the free exhilarating ecstasy of nakedness in Nature has never been eligible (and how many thousands there are!) has not really known what purity is—nor what faith or art or health really is. (Probably the whole curriculum of first-class philosophy, beauty, heroism, form, illustrated by the old Hellenic race—the highest height and deepest depth known to civilization in those departments—came from their natural and religious idea of Nakedness."

~Walt Whitman
(“A Sun-Bath–Nakedness” in “Specimen Days”)

~*~

May we lie naked in the sun
On blankets of sweet clovers


Swim naked in the cool flowing stream


And stand Naked and Pure before God
In Joy, Pleasure, and Praise


Engulfed in silent rapture by the artwork of the Great I Am

We are One
~Amen


2 comments:

hlj2002 said...

This entire post is eloquently written. The whole time I am reading I am pleased at the point it makes. I could not agree more with every word written here. I never understand how society made such a natural existence be such a taboo.

Thank you for sharing this AOM!

Xersex said...

love your spiritual touch!

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )