Thursday, November 1, 2018

MUSIC: "Symphony 7: 4th Movement" by Ludwig van Beethoven

 The Great LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN

All week, we have been voyaging through
Beethoven's 7th Symphony
And today we reach the finale
The 4th Movement 
And OH! What a way to end this great Symphony

So what does it feel like to me???

ORGASMIC 
VICTORY 
OVER 
STRUGGLE!!!!!

Here's my stream of consciousness writing as I think about Beethoven's 4th movement of his 7th Symphony.

It has a powerful drive and energy pounding throughout the movement - Things start out well but there are struggles along the way- the orchestra is pumped and fights through back to good times - and then a big struggle ensues (37:01) - but the orchestra gets back up and just keeps going - fighting back - the Music builds and builds (37:21) until finally the orchestra is VICTORIOUS - The orchestra goes WILD (37:31) with the FRENCH HORNS SOARING, THE TRUMPETS BLASTING - THE TIMPANI EXPLODING! THE STRINGS ON COCAINE and SPEED! WHEW! LOL : ) WOW! WHAT A RIDE! (How's that for a critique : )

If you let yourself really get into this, you will be spent by the end - Hell, I Yelled at the end - In those last couple of minutes of the Music, I was punching the air and the punches just kept getting faster and faster and at the very end I actually VICTORIOUSLY YELLED, "WOOO  WHOOOOO! YEAH!!!" And then I fell back in my chair panting as I enjoyed the afterglow. Ahhhh... If I smoked, I would have had a cigarette. :) If you need some music to pump you up for some upcoming challenge, then this is a piece of music that would be perfect for those moments. 

For this movement
I Chose A Special TREAT: 
Seiji Ozawa and the BSO
I love Seiji Ozawa as a conductor. He's one of my favorites. Today, he brings us a really great performance of the 7th. I also like the quality of the audio - better than many I've listened to, and I have listened to many performances of this in order to bring you what I think is the very best. In this video, there is one very short section when the orchestra gets really quiet and you can hear a little electric hum. Thankfully in this movement, the music is so energetic and loud, you won't hear it. I am a stickler when it comes to audio quality, but this performance is so good, I will allow the minor hum in this one.

GET READY TO RUMBLE
This Movement is out of this world
The notes are just FLYING all over the place

Get your seat belts on and click PLAY!!!!

And listen to those French Horns Soar!
WITH BALLS!

~*~

Ludwig van Beethoven
"Symphony No. 7: 4th Movement"
Seiji Ozawa
conducting
The Boston Symphony Orchestra

IMPORTANT!
You need to skip to the 31: 27 minute mark of this video
Where the 4th Movement Begins

Please read the NOTE for further information

NOTE:
This video is the complete symphony
(When you have the time, I highly recommend listening to this entire performance)
But to hear just the 4th movement
We have to skip through the video to get there
To do that
Click the progress bar 
(The White and Red line with the Red Dot - bottom of the video)
Click it to the right and
Skip ahead to the 31:27 minute mark
That is where the 4th movement starts
If you have any trouble doing that
Click the YouTube Direct Link below
That will take you to YouTube
Where I've set it to automatically 
Start the video at the 31:27 (the 4th movement)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Explendido.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

hlj2002 said...

This was a fantastic journey. With an extremely climatic ending!!!!
Your description is spot on: "ORGASMIC VICTORY OVER STRUGGLE!!!!!"

This was a great and fun way to thoroughly explore this masterpiece...the music along with all the information and descriptions you provided with each movement.

Thank you for this experience!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your commentary. I listened to the 4th movement, as instructed. And now just finished listening to the entire symphony. An amazing experience. Thank you for bringing it to us.

Earl of Cruise said...

It is goosebumps producing exiting :)

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )